September 6, 2011
Walking into a hotel room and finding a mint or flowers, aesthetically placed on a pillow is something that has been seen and followed by hoteliers aplenty. As an hotelier looking for constant increase in sales & revenue, you are also on the lookout to keep enhancing your services to serve your guests in a better way. You need to up the ante by introducing innovative ideas and enhancements into your hotel services. Just one unique amenity can spread the word of mouth and can get you media coverage. These enhancements are your leeway to sell your hotel rooms in a better way. While there is no "one size fits all" approach to improving a hotel, there are enhancements that can help to increase guests' overall comfort. Hoteliers can attract new guests and increase guest satisfaction by making significant changes to the property and amenities at their hotels.
If your hotel offers any added amenities or services such as free breakfast or evening h'or doeuvres, give the guest the information also stating that any added service will be chargeable as per your price module. Provide specifics about any special services that the hotel has to offer such as spa treatments, airport pickups, unlimited buffets, and any other frills and enhancements that your hotel is willing to offer at a minimal increase in cost.
A wide range of enhancements will keep your guests feeling pampered.
- Go wireless. Access to the internet is something that everyone needs in today's cyber age. Install Wi-Fi connections to provide 100 percent wireless internet access from anywhere on your hotel property, including lounges, meeting rooms, guest rooms and banquet halls etc.
- Expand the hotel. Large properties can attract visitors in search of entertainment by offering a club with a dance floor, restaurants or spas as added facility amenities. Small hoteliers may consider adding bars and restaurants or a pool/jacuzzi to the property.
- Add services. Amenities such as babysitting or childcare services, spa services, butler services and indoor or heated pools are attractive to guests. Equip rooms or the front desk with a safe-deposit box to offer guests added security for important documents and expensive jewelry.
- Offer upgrades and online discounts.These can include weekly rates and travel packages that provide tickets to local attractions such as theme parks, museums or restaurants. You can also include attractive honeymoon packages and added frills like welcoming the newlyweds with a bottle of sparkling wine or champagne, chocolates etc. Such enhancements will assist in furthering your brand image and will eventually result in more revenue for you.
- Increase concierge services. Take a leaf out of the books of larger luxury hotels and monitor the amenities that they offer and provide your guests with similar services. Add a tour desk or provide the front desk with reservation numbers for local attractions.
Attractive enhancements will put your hotel in the spotlight and increase your revenue manifold.